Good Practice Guide for personal watercraft
- Don’t linger for too long when you are close to wildlife – By all means look, but then move on. Follow these tips for marine wildlife spotting
- Avoid seagrass/eelgrass sensitive areas – More information can be found here, and these areas can be found on the iCoast map.
- Share the water and slipways
- Keep your distance from other boats – boats that are flying the blue and white ‘Alpha’ flag means divers are in the water
- Get skilled up in seamanship, navigation and the ‘Rules of the Road’:
- PWCs can be noisy so keep your eye out for other people and try not to disturb the peace
- Look at the restricted areas in iCoast for information on restricted and sensitive areas.
Follow the special rules apply in Ports and Harbours:
Explore the Dorset coast with iCoast