Good Practice Guide for rock climbing
- Follow the British Mountaineering Council code for climbers at the crag
- Observe seasonal bird restrictions that may close some routes
- Bring home all your rubbish – If you don’t it can spoil peoples experience of the Dorset coast and could harm marine creatures and birds
- Do not garden routes (remove plant material from the cliff face). Avoid abseiling over the cliff tops as this can damage fragile cliff top plants.
- Think about where you park – Many popular climbing areas on Portland are close to residential areas. Be considerate and use the public car parks provided for visitors
Explore the Dorset coast with iCoast